Marianna

REBLOG: Testing new spoiler tag

===============================================

FINAL TEST RESULTS:

ONLY TEST #3 AS ORIGINALLY POSTED IN FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT WORKS

That is, to use new spoiler feature, you  must type spoiler information, highlight it, hit the spoiler button and then the spoiler will work only if you leave it in a paragraph by itself.

===============================================

Disclaimer: I do have a working custom spoiler tag code as well in my css while testing new spoiler feature which may impact my results (that tag is a class named "spoilertext"rather than "spoiler" so I doubt it--but please comment if you have no custom css spoiler and get different or same results as my testing.).

=================================================

TEST OF SPOILER BUTTON JUST ANNOUNCED:

=================================================

1. Test just using as off/on like bold or italics, no paragraphing

Regular text is here and  [spoiler]spoiler text is here[/spoiler] hitting button and typing text between the unparagraphed codes and TEST FAILS

2. Test just using as off/on like bold or italics, leave paragraphing

Regular text is here and

[spoiler] spoiler text is here

[/spoiler]

hitting button and typing text between the paragraphed codes and TEST FAILS.

3. test of highlighting already typed text and hitting button

regular text is here

so spoiler text is  here

(show spoiler)

and regular text returns here  -- and TEST  SUCCEEDS but puts spoiler in own paragraph.

4. editing to see if can clear paragraphing:

test of highlighting text and hitting button [spoiler]

so spoiler text is here [/spoiler] and regular here  -- and TEST FAILS so looks like may need to be in own paragraph unless next test editing the html works

Okay, copying the working paragraph one below, then editing to try and clear paragraphing in post's html -

5. test highlighting already typed text, hitting button, then editing html to clear paragraph

regular text is here  [spoiler] so spoiler text is  here [/spoiler] and regular text returns here  -- and TEST FAILS.

Original Post: Testing new spoiler tag