Marianna

Marianna

What not to call the love of you life:

Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian

#1: Breedmate.

#2: Breedmate.

#3: BREEDMATE.

I don't remember what this book is about now but I do remember that the whole construct of their relashionship grated on my feminist nerves.

My Progress:

25%

Getting intimate with a practical stranger was seldom a good idea, but Gabrielle had the terrible feeling that it would be a very easy thing to lose her heart to a man like Lucan Thorne."

Nope. Don't get that. What about Lucan makes him lovable? Sure, its easy to lust after him. His big, strong, handsome, and.. big. that doesn't have anything to do with love. Silly girl.

37%

Every time I read "Breedmate" I think of broodmares. That's a nasty way to think of women.

60%

Being a breedmate sounds unappealing. It's too dangerous to go above without warriors to protect you. You need to be sheltered to give birth to the next generation. I'm gagging here. This is supposed to be romantic?

99%

I didn't like it. That might be Lucan's fault. I felt no connection to him at all. But the other warriors didn't appeal to me either so I'm probably not going to read any more of this series.