Marianna

Marianna

I'm not impressed.

Full Blooded - Amanda  Carlson

"In the vein of Kelley Armstrong and Patricia Briggs, Amanda Carlson's debut is a new urban fantasy that rewrites the werewolf myth...

It's not easy being a girl. It's even harder when you're the only girl in a family of werewolves. But it's next to impossible when your very existence spells out the doom of your race... Meet Jessica McClain -- she just became part of the pack."

Okay, I'm glad I was able to finish it.

This is the first book by this author and it most definitely doesn't hold up to comparison with Patricia Briggs. Kelley Armstrong is not one of my favorite authors but I know she writes better characters and relationships than this.

The writing isn't horrible but there is no life in these characters. They all and especially our protagonist, Jessica, talk way too much. It's not easy to put world building into conversations and make it seem natural. Amanda Carlson hasn't managed to do that.

Despite all this talking I know nothing about Jessica. It's as if she didn't have a life or feelings before she became a werewolf. Most of this book I was wondering why I should even care about her.

The idea of Jessica being the only female werewolf ever was intriguing enough for me to finish this book but I don't think I'll be continuing with this series.

Perhaps this author will improve...

Oh God. I just noticed the price of this ebook. Eight freaking dollars?! For THIS? No way in hell. It's not worth it!

Here are my updates and quotes. No spoilers.

This book was provided to me by NetGalley.