Marianna

Marianna

A Satisfying Anthology

Strange Brew - Charlaine Harris, Karen Chance, P.N. Elrod, Jenna Maclaine, Caitlin Kittredge, Rachel Caine, Patricia Briggs, Jim Butcher, Faith Hunter

I got this for the "Seeing Eye" story by Patricia Brigs. It was a very nice glimpse into Moira's and Tom's story. I would love to read more about their relationship. (5 stars)

I also enjoyed "Death Warmed Over" by Rachel Caine. Very intriguing magical principles and a potential for a great love story. Except for the last paragraph. Everything was fine and dandy till that. I'm all for happily-ever-afters but in my opinion such an abrupt and insufficiently explained resolution to their problem cheapened the rest of the very well written story. (4.5 stars)

The next story I read was "Vegas Odds" by Karen Chance. It had a lot of action. The heroine was a little too jump-the-guns for me. However, her relationship with Cyrus, a werewolf, intrigued me.  Lots happened in a short amount of space and it did get my adrenaline up but other than that I didn't have any strong feelings about it. (3 stars)

The last one I read was "Signatures of the Dead" by Faith Hunter. It was interesting to see Jane from Molly's perspective. Jane is much more distant and alien in Molly's eyes. From Jane's books I knew that Molly was a good friend to her and now I know that Jane is in return a good friend to Molly and her family. Although we did see her this story is not about Jane. It is about Molly helping the police find a group of rogue vampires who have been attacking people in the city near her home. Molly actually can get pretty wild herself when her children are in danger. I liked it. (5 stars)

These are the only stories I read so far and I enjoyed them all. :)