Marianna

Marianna

Here are some Christmas books on my To-Read shelf:

A Kiss for Midwinter - Courtney Milan Winter Fairy - Lola Karns The Bite Before Christmas - Lynsay Sands, Jeaniene Frost Marian's Christmas Wish - Carla Kelly

My Russian family doesn't celebrate Chrismas so I was thinking of getting some holiday cheer from a book.

"Miss Lydia Charingford is always cheerful, and never more so than at Christmas time. But no matter how hard she smiles, she can't forget the youthful mistake that could have ruined her reputation. Even though the worst of her indiscretion was kept secret, one other person knows the truth of those dark days: the sarcastic Doctor Jonas Grantham. She wants nothing to do with him...or the butterflies that take flight in her stomach every time he looks her way.

Jonas Grantham has a secret, too: He's been in love with Lydia for more than a year. This winter, he's determined to conquer her dislike and win her for his own. It all starts with a wager and a kiss..."

I like Courtney Milan's books but I've had mixed reactions to her novellas. This is book 1.5 in Brother's Sinister series.

"Recuperating ballerina Penelope Glazier can enchant the young girls in her Fairy Dreams class, but will her magic work on Carson Langley, the sexy but straight-laced single father of her most talented student?

Widowed doctor Carson Langley didn’t know what surprises him more at his six-year-old’s dance recital, that his reticent daughter is the star of the show or that the attractive teacher, Penelope Glazier, seems to have gotten through to his girl. Too bad she considers teaching a temporary job before she returns to her professional touring company. Even if he were willing to take a risk with his heart, he has to protect his daughter, Eloise."

I've been on a paranormal and historical romance kick so something contemporary might be a good change of pace. I do like stories about dancers but I've never read any of Lola Karns' work so I don't know what to expect.

"In Lynsay Sands' "The Gift," Katricia Argeneau knows grey-eyed cop Teddy Brunswick is her life mate. She just needs to convince him they belong together, and being snowbound in a secluded cabin will make this a Christmas neither will forget.

It's "Home for the Holidays" in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Cat and Bones may long to wrap presents and set up a tree, but this Christmas, an evil vampire and long-buried family secrets will threaten to take a bite out of their holiday cheer."

I'm definitely going to read "Home for the Holidays" by Jeaniene Frost. I've been re-reading and finishing the Night Huntress series in time for the last book's release in January (Up From the Grave). I'm not sure about Lynsay Sands' story. It's been a long time since I've read something of hers and I don't remember if I liked it or not.

"Miss Marian Wynswich is a rather unconventional young lady. She plays chess, reads Greek, and is as educated as any young man. And she's certain falling in love is a ridiculous endeavor and vows never to do such a thing. But everything changes when she receives a Christmas visit from someone unexpected--a young and handsome English lord."

It intrigues me that the heroine plays chess but I've never read any of Carla Kelly's work.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which of these books I should pick? Or perhaps a recommendation of their own?